The Belmar School District
Located in Belmar, New Jersey, in southern Monmouth County on the Jersey Shore.
- Inspired, United, Prepared. Soaring to Excellence.
- That children learn best when they are valued and secure.
- That the cornerstone of an excellent education is a positive, nurturing environment which encourages individuality while respecting diversity.
- That early immersion in literacy and flexible implementation of a strong curriculum are essential to the development of viable and responsible citizens.
- That education is a responsibility shared among the family, the school, and the community.
The School and Community
The Borough of Belmar has a yearly population of approximately 6,000 residents and swells to over 40,000 during the summer. The school was constructed in 1909 and has had additions built in 1929, 1949, 1969 and 1993. The school underwent renovations during the summers of 2006 and 2007.
There are 61 certified staff members. This includes administrators, teachers, nurses and child study team personnel. Twelve paraprofessional staff members support them. The school district consists of a single school that provides a comprehensive educational program for the 565 students from Belmar and Lake Como (formerly South Belmar), preschool through eighth grade.
The single school is two schools in one, a primary school for grades preschool through fifth and a middle school organization plan for grades six through eight. Students attending public high school are assigned to Manasquan, Asbury Park, Red Bank Regional, Marine Academy of Science and Technology, Allied Health and Sciences, Academy Charter School, High Tech High Schools, Communications High School and the newest Monmouth County Vocational School - Biotechnology High School.
If you and your family are new to our community and are interested in learning more about our school, please call and make an appointment to speak with either:
Mr. Hallman, Superintendent
732.681.2388, ext. 1033Mrs. Hannah, Principal / Director of Curriculum
732.681.2388, ext. 1119Mrs. Wilton, Teacher Facilitator / Supervisor of Instruction
732.681.8888, ext. 1120